Our StoryThe way nature intended since 1875.
We produce all-natural fresh and prepared meats sourced from American farmers, and served to American families across the country.
Our high standards for animal care and quality ingredients have been part of our family business since the beginning. We believe saying “NO” is a good thing. If it’s not right for the families we serve and the animals our farmers raise, we say “NO” – and always will.
We were founded in 1875 in Colorado and have grown our family business over ﬁve generations.
- Check out our timeline from 1875 to today.
- Mel Coleman, Jr., 5th generation of the founding Coleman family, remains involved in daily business – representing our company, products and cause-related commitments across the country. Check out a recent interview with Mel to learn more.
We make all-natural food accessible for American families coast to coast.
All families deserve to put good quality food on the table. We make that possible by selling our products at conveniently located grocery retailers.
We support American farmers.
Independent family farmers work with us daily to bring our customers products of the highest quality.
We invest in military veterans - serving those who served us.
- Americans want to honor the veterans who have served our country, and provided us the freedom to enjoy good food.
- We support Pups4Patriots™ to help connect veterans with life-saving service dogs.
We put "natural" in our name for a reason.
In addition to ensuring our farmers never use antibiotics, added growth hormones or promotants, we never use artiﬁcial ingredients in our products and keep things as simple as possible.
We pioneer standards in animal care.
The Coleman family worked with the USDA to deﬁne what the term “natural” meant in the meat industry and ensure consumers were conﬁdent in the quality products they were putting on their plates.
We didn’t have to change the way we operate to meet American Humane Certiﬁed™ standards for our pork products. Their 200+ standards have always been ingrained in our farmers’ hog raising practices.
- We are one of only two pork producers in the country to hold this certification.
- We are the first national producer to be 100% Crate Free. Our hogs are raised in environments that eliminate confinement and allow animals to express normal behavior, with ample space to move during gestation and after giving birth.