Effective Date: 12/21/2022
What Information Does Coleman Natural Collect?
Personally identifiable information (“PII”) includes information that can be linked to a specific individual, such as a name, address, phone number, or email address. The type of PII collected by us will vary with your use of the Sites. We may collect PII when you provide it to us, such as when you contact us, report a problem with our Sites, complete survey forms, enter a sweepstakes or other promotional program, respond to requests for information or content (such as photographs), leave a review, or when you request to receive communications from us.
We may collect the following types of information through the Sites.
Name and Contact Information: We may request your name and contact information, such as address, phone number, and email address.
Likeness Information: We may request a photograph containing your likeness.
Demographic Information: We may request that you provide demographic and other information about yourself at our Sites as a part of our surveys, sweepstakes, promotional or coupon programs, recipe offerings, advertisements for its products, and/or for management and monitoring purposes in order to continue to improve the Sites and our other online services.
Third-party Information: We may collect PII and other information about you from third parties and combine it with the information that we collect through the Sites.
Technical Information: We may automatically collect certain non-personally identifying information when you use the Sites including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses; the date and time of access and the Web page(s) accessed; information about your computer, browser, or operating system; and information about your use of the Sites.
How Do We Use and Share the Information?
Most areas of the Sites are informational and publicly available without providing any PII, although we will still collect technical information automatically. Below, is more detail on how we use and share the PII that we collect.
Use of Information: We may use the information that we collect for any lawful commercial or business purpose, such as to provide the products and services that you request, advertise our products and services and the goods and services of third parties, to create a personalized experience for you, to provide you with news and information, to contact you regarding a survey, and to contact you about material changes in our Sites’ policies and agreements, new services we may offer, or otherwise. With your permission, we may also use information submitted in reviews about our products, including images, to promote or advertise our products. We may also use a photograph containing your likeness in promotional programs on our Sites or in other marketing materials with your permission.
Sharing of Information: We may share your PII as set forth below:
- With our affiliates.
- With our service providers, vendors, and contractors that carry out activities on our behalf, such as marketing.
- As required by law, such as to a court or governmental agency or in response to a government request.
- In the event of a business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition by another company or the sale of all or a portion of our assets, including in bankruptcy, the PII collected by the Company may be among the assets transferred. (In the event a transaction of this kind results in the transfer of PII, we will place a prominent notice on the Sites for 30 days.)
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Sites or as otherwise needed to limit legal liability, protect or defend our rights, property, or interests, or protect the safety, rights, or property of our users.
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of data collection or sharing.
Survey, Review, and Promotions Results: In addition to the types of sharing described above, we may share survey, review, and sweepstakes/promotions results with the general public, with the news media, and with the U.S. Government and state governments in order to participate in government programs and initiatives.
Public Forums: If you choose to use public posting features we may offer on the Sites, such as commenting on a blog, the information that you post will be available to the general public.
Aggregated and Deidentified Information: We may share technical information, as well as aggregated or deidentified information, without limitation including for advertising purposes.
What About Third-Party Links?
The Sites may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins”, such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share PII or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Sites, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any social media accounts you create and use.
What About Security?
The Sites have reasonable security measures or safeguards in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, the confidentiality of any communication or material cannot be guaranteed.
What About Digital Advertising and Analytics?
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information that Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Sites and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Sites and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. We use Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Sites and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What About “Opting-Out” of Our Data Use and Sharing?
As you are permitted to browse the Sites without registering, you can decide whether you wish to provide your PII to us when requested. We also provide you with the opportunity to opt out of certain marketing uses of your PII. Specifically, users may opt-out of having us use your PII in connection with direct mailings and/or marketing email communications or newsletters sent by us.
- To opt out of email marketing, you can use the “unsubscribe” link included in each marketing email that we send. If you opt out of email marketing, we will still send you emails about your transactions and relationship with us.
- To opt out of direct mailings, you can contact customer service by phone at 800-442-8666 or by email at email@example.com.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities, please see the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section above.
What About State Privacy Rights?
Personal Information We Collect, Disclose for a Business Purpose, and Sell. In the preceding 12 months, we collected and shared the following categories of personal information about consumers:
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers);
- Recordkeeping information (such credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information);
- Commercial or transactions information (such as records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement);
- Demographic information including age and gender;
- Lifestyle interests that include affinity categories (e.g., foodies, sports fans), product purchase interests, and other categories (e.g., Asian recipes);
- Geolocation information;
- Audiovisual information (such as call recordings or other audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information);
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences; and
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above.
We share personal data for interest-based advertising purposes but do not otherwise engage in “sales” of personal data as defined by state laws.
Categories of Sources
- Service providers;
- Affiliates not under our brand;
- Consumer data resellers and other business partners;
- Nonprofit organizations; and
- Government entities
Recipients of Personal Information. We disclose the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below for commercial and business purposes:
- Service providers;
- Affiliates not under our brand;
- Advertising providers;
- Internet service providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Operating systems and platforms;
- Social networks; and
- Government entities.
Your Rights Regarding Personal InformationResidents of certain states have rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. You may be able to exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to confirm whether we are processing information about you.
- The right to correct inaccuracies in the personal information we have collected from you.
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you; the categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you; our purposes for collecting or selling personal information about you; the categories of personal information about you that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information about you.
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
- The right to opt out of processing and sharing of personal data for interest-based advertising. Please note that if you opt out of certain practices, we may be unable to provide you with some services. Additionally, we do not knowingly sell or share personal data of individuals under 16.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the above privacy rights.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By phone at 800-442-8666.
Depending on your state, if you have submitted a request that you believe we have not fulfilled, you may contact us to appeal our decision by sending an email with the subject line “Appeal” to email@example.com.
Verification Process and Required Information. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We will require you to provide, at a minimum first name, last name, email address and we may also need to ask for a mailing address and phone number.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf by verifying your identity and providing signed, written permission to the authorized agent to make the request.
What About Correcting, Deleting, or Updating Information?
We will retain your PII for as long as necessary to fulfill our business purposes and to comply with applicable laws. At any time, you may contact us to ask us to correct, modify, or delete the information you provide to us through the Sites. Please note, however, that we may need to retain some PII if required by law or for our recordkeeping purposes. Additionally, we need PII to provide certain services through the Sites and the deletion of such PII, e.g., an email address, may mean that we can no longer provide you with certain services.
What About Children?
The Sites are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect PII from children. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child has provided us with PII, please contact us to have the PII deleted.
What About Any Other Questions?