Easy Cassoulet with Smoked Sausage and Ham
- 6-8 slices Coleman Natural Bacon, cut into small matchstick pieces
- 1 package Coleman Natural Polish Kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound Coleman Natural Ham, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2, 14.5-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the bacon; cook until crispy and then remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the sausage to the skillet, brown in the bacon fat, and then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain off excess fat from the skillet.
Add the onion, celery, and carrots to the skillet and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic and wine and deglaze the pan, using a wooden spoon to lift any of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking until the wine is nearly evaporated.
Combine the cooked vegetables with the bacon, sausage, ham, white beans, thyme, stock, and tomatoes in a large bowl and gently stir together. Pour into a 3-quart oven-safe casserole dish or two smaller casserole dishes.
Heat the olive oil and garlic cloves in a small skillet over medium high heat until the garlic is fragrant, about a minute. Remove the garlic cloves and discard; stir in the breadcrumbs until they are coated evenly with olive oil.
Remove from the heat and combine with the parsley. Pour the breadcrumbs over the cassoulet and bake uncovered for 1 hour.