1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Bring 12 cups of water and one teaspoon of salt to a boil in a large pot.
3. Separate leaves from cabbage, trimming off any tough ends and blanche in salted boiling water for 30-45 seconds. Set on paper towel to cool, then gently pat dry.
4. In a large bowl, mix the pork, rice, mushrooms, carrot, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cilantro and black pepper together.
5. Lay each blanched cabbage leaf on flat surface and fill with meat mixture, careful to leave room around the edges so filling doesn’t fall out when folded.
6. Fold in the sides and roll up the leaf as if you were folding a burrito, then place in baking dish, seam side down. Continue this process with the rest of the cabbage leaves.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, serve immediately.