Quick Skillet Sausage Cauliflower Risotto
- 12 oz Coleman Natural Polish Kielbasa, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower (or 4 cups of fresh or frozen riced cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Basil, chopped for garnish
Chop or break up a head of cauliflower and place in a food processor.
In two batches, pulse several times to break up the cauliflower until it resembles rice. Set aside.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-heat and add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and Italian seasonings and saute for about 5 minutes, until the onions are softened.
Add the diced sausage and heat for another 4 minutes.
Add the salt and pepper and riced cauliflower, toss with the vegetables.
Pour in the chicken broth and stir, allowing the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower softens and becomes a bit creamy.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Serve in bowls and top with chopped basil.