Quick Skillet Sausage Cauliflower Risotto
- 12 oz COLEMAN NATURAL® Polish Kielbasa Pork Sausage, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower (or 4 cups of fresh or frozen riced cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Basil, chopped for garnish
- Chop or break up a head of cauliflower and place in a food processor.
- In two batches, pulse several times to break up the cauliflower until it resembles rice. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-heat and add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and Italian seasonings and saute for about 5 minutes, until the onions are softened.
- Add the diced sausage and heat for another 4 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and riced cauliflower, toss with the vegetables.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir, allowing the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower softens and become a bit creamy.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve in bowls and top with some of the chopped basil.