Grilled Onions and Kielbasa Quesadillas
- 1 package Coleman Natural Uncured Smoked Polish Kielbasa
- 8 flour tortillas
- 16 oz. of mozzarella, shredded
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 5 – 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into strips
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, divided (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze, plus more for drizzling
- 1 Tablespoon honey, plus for drizzling
1 Heat a large cast iron frying pan or other heavy-bottomed pan.
2 Place the sliced onions and garlic in the heated pan and allow to get a nice golden color; add the seasonings, including 1 tsp salt, and toss.
3 Add the tomatoes and basil to the pan. Allow the tomatoes to cook down.
4 Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic glaze and a drizzle of honey and remove from the pan and set aside.
5 Slice the kielbasa into small coins.
6 Heat a cast iron or heavy-bottomed pan to medium high and add the kielbasa. Cook until a nice char is achieved on the kielbasa. Remove the kielbasa and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
7 Place some shredded mozzarella on a tortilla and top with the onion mixture followed by the kielbasa.
8 Sprinkle with more shredded mozzarella and top with another tortilla.
9 Place on a large heated dry cast iron pan, allowing the cheese to melt.
10 When the cheese on one side has melted, flip over and melt the cheese on the other side.
11 Carefully, cut into quarters and drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze.