Mini Corndogs on a Stick
- 10 Coleman Natural Hot Dogs cut in half
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup, plus one tablespoon flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoky paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- Canola oil for frying, enough for a 1 to 1 ½ -inch depth in pan
- Mustard and ketchup for serving
- Skewers for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients together, set aside.
In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg and milk together then pour into dry ingredients.
Stir batter until smooth and refrigerate for 25 minutes.
Coat hot dog halves in 1 tablespoon of flour so that chilled batter sticks to them better.
Preheat oil in cast iron or other heavy-bottomed skillet to 350° F.
Dunk flour-coated hot dogs into corn dog batter to coat.
Fry at 350° F for 4-5 mins or until golden brown.
Remove and drain on paper towel.
Stick skewer in the end of each hot dog as soon as they are cool enough to handle.
Serve immediately with mustard and ketchup for dipping.