Sun-Dried Tomato & Bacon Pasta Salad
- 8-10 slices Coleman Natural bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound spiral pasta
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
2 Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, about 5-6 minutes, set on paper towel to drain, then chop into ½” pieces.
3 Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan, then return skillet to medium-high heat and cook onion in the reserved tablespoon bacon fat. Sauté on medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until translucent and slightly caramelized. Add garlic and sauté for one minute longer.
4 Place onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and bacon into the mixing bowl with pasta and toss with olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
5 Transfer pasta salad to serving bowl or platter, top with basil and serve.