Sun-Dried Tomato & Bacon Pasta Salad
- 8-10 slices Coleman Natural bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound spiral pasta
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, about 5-6 minutes, set on paper towel to drain, then chop into ½” pieces.
Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan, then return skillet to medium-high heat and cook onion in the reserved tablespoon bacon fat. Sauté on medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until translucent and slightly caramelized. Add garlic and sauté for one minute longer.
Place onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and bacon into the mixing bowl with pasta and toss with olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
Transfer pasta salad to serving bowl or platter, top with basil and serve.