Stuffed Peppers with Pork Sausage
- 1 pound Coleman Natural Ground Sausage (regular or hot)
- 2 yellow peppers, cut in half vertically
- 2 red peppers, cut in half vertically
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2 Place peppers cut-side up in a greased baking dish.
3 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4 Add sausage and cook through until just beginning to brown, 8-10 minutes
5 Remove and place on paper towel-lined plate to absorb extra grease.
6 Add onions and celery to the pan and cook until they begin to soften, 3-4 minutes.
7 Add garlic and cook for another minute.
8 Add tomatoes, spinach, oregano and cook, stirring until heated through.
9 Add the sausage back to the pan and season with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
10 Fill peppers with mixture. Top each with mozzarella cheese.
11 Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and cook another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy!