Slow Cooker Polish Sausage and Cabbage
Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Whole30
- 1 package Coleman Natural Polish Kielbasa Rope, sliced on the bias into 12 equal pieces
- 1 medium sized head of cabbage, core removed and roughly chopped
- 1 pound small baby new potatoes left whole
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped into large, 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped into large dice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Substitute new potatoes for 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes peeled and chopped
1 Add ingredients to the slow cooker by placing cabbage on the bottom, then layering with potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and polish sausage.
2 Pour chicken broth on top of all the ingredients and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3 Close lid and cook on low for 3 hours.
4 Serve over rice.
The word "kielbasa" in Polish is actually just a general name for any type of sausage. There are often dozens of types of "kielbasa" in an authentic Polish butcher shop. However, the most popular type of kielbasa in the U.S. is a smoked sausage typically found in a ring shape. The flavor is smoky, mild and sweet - versatile for many dishes!