Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos
- 1 4-lb Coleman Natural Boneless Center Cut Pork Butt Roast
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 oranges, sliced into quarters
- 2 limes, slicked into quarters
- 2 medium onions peeled and sliced into quarters
- 4-6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
For Taco Toppings
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 limes, sliced into quarters
- 8-10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved and sliced
1 Rinse pork roast and pat dry with paper towel.
2 Rub all over with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3 Place pork roast in slow cooker with fat side up.
4 Add all other ingredients to slow cooker, making sure there is enough water to cover the roast at least two-thirds of the way.
5 Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on high for 6-8 hours, or until roast is tender.
6 Remove roast from slow cooker and, using two forks, shred into smaller pieces.
7 Heat tortillas through and lightly brown by cooking on both sides in a dry, heavy-bottomed skillet, preferably cast iron.
8 Add pork to warm tortillas, serve warm with toppings.