Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos
- 1 4-lb Coleman Natural Boneless Center Cut Pork Butt Roast
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 oranges, sliced into quarters
- 2 limes, slicked into quarters
- 2 medium onions peeled and sliced into quarters
- 4-6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
For Taco Toppings
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 limes, sliced into quarters
- 8-10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved and sliced
Rinse pork roast and pat dry with paper towel.
Rub all over with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place pork roast in slow cooker with fat side up.
Add all other ingredients to slow cooker, making sure there is enough water to cover the roast at least two-thirds of the way.
Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on high for 6-8 hours, or until roast is tender.
Remove roast from slow cooker and, using two forks, shred into smaller pieces.
Heat tortillas through and lightly brown by cooking on both sides in a dry, heavy-bottomed skillet, preferably cast iron.
Add pork to warm tortillas, serve warm with toppings.