Pork Green Chili
- 1.5 lb Coleman Natural boneless, center-cut pork chops
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded if desired, and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 14-ounce can chicken stock
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound tomatillos, pureed
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 pound roasted green chile peppers, skinned, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- Diced avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat and add the pork and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, and then add the garlic, jalapeno, cumin, coriander, stock, tomatoes, tomatillos, green onions, and green chile peppers.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the cilantro before garnishing with avocado and cheese to serve.