Pork Green Chili
- 1.5 lb Coleman Natural boneless, center-cut pork chops
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded if desired, and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 14-ounce can chicken stock
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound tomatillos, pureed
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 pound roasted green chile peppers, skinned, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- Diced avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
1 Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat and add the pork and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
2 Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, and then add the garlic, jalapeno, cumin, coriander, stock, tomatoes, tomatillos, green onions, and green chile peppers.
3 Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
4 Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the cilantro before garnishing with avocado and cheese to serve.