Pork Chops with Red-Eye Gravy
- 6 Coleman Natural boneless, center-cut pork chops
- 6 ounces Coleman Natural ham, cut into small, ½” dice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ¾ cup strong black coffee or espresso
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch Italian parsley, chopped
Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Place oil in a cast-iron skillet or other heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat until it appears to be shimmering. Add seasoned pork chops to pan and cook until browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes per side for medium. Transfer pork chops to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
Add the ham to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the ham is fragrant and any fat has rendered, about 5 minutes.
Add the coffee and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until the coffee has reduced by half.
Stir in the chicken broth and sugar, return to a simmer, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and parsley.
Spoon the gravy over the pork chops and serve immediately.