Kielbasa Pasta Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
- 1 package Coleman Natural Polish Kielbasa (12oz) sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (or other short pasta), cooked, drained, and rinsed under cold water
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut from the cob (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups diced bell peppers (any color)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups of packed baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the sliced kielbasa, working in batches so as not to crowd the skillet, and brown lightly on both cut sides, about 1-2 minutes per side. Repeat until all of the kielbasa is browned. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Combine the basil, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender and puree for about 30 seconds.
Combine the cooked kielbasa and the cooked pasta in a large bowl. Add the corn, peppers, avocado, shallot, and spinach. Pour the lemon-basil dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat and serve.