Kielbasa Orzo and Kale Soup
- 1 cup cubed Coleman Natural Polish Kielbasa
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 8 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup orzo
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium-high heat.
Add the sausage, onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, garlic and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften and sausage is golden brown.
Pour in the broth and add the bay leaf; bring to a boil.
Add the orzo and kale. Reduce the heat to medium; simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the orzo is al dente and vegetables are tender.
Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.