Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Reuben
For the sandwiches
- 1 12-ounce Coleman Natural Polish Kielbasa, sliced horizontally in 4” lengths or into ½” coins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices rye bread
- 8 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup Thousand Island dressing (recipe shown below, or store bought)
For the dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
Preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Lightly butter one side of bread slices. Spread non-buttered sides with Thousand Island dressing.
On 4 bread slices, layer 1 slice of the cheese, 4 slices or 8 coins of the kielbasa, 1/4 cup sauerkraut and second slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides out.
Grill sandwiches until both sides are golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
Makes 4 sandwiches.