Kid Friendly Chili Mac and Cheese with Hot Dogs
- 4 links Coleman Natural Uncured Beef Hot Dogs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes (with juices)
- 8 ounces dry short pasta
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat and add the oil. Add the franks and the diced onions and cook, stirring, until the onions soften a bit, about 2 minutes.
Add the tomato paste, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and chipotle powder and stir together. Add the tomatoes, pasta, and water, stir together, and cover. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer and cook according to the cooking time on the pasta package directions.
Stir in the parsley, cilantro, and cheese and serve.