Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions
- 1 package Coleman Natural Sweet Italian Sausage (4 links)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 3 sweet bell peppers (a variety of colors), sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cups marinara sauce (see Tips)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- Fresh basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the peppers and onions. Cook until slightly softened, about 5-10 minutes.
Add the marinara sauce and the chopped basil and stir together, then pour into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch casserole dish. Nestle the sausage links into the pepper sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan before serving.