Italian Sausage and Pepper Skillet
- 12 ounces Coleman Organic® Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, color of choice, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (12- to 14-inch diameter works best) over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage and sauté until lightly browned on both sides.
Remove to a plate. Add the sliced onions and sauté until starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the bell peppers, and continue to cook, stirring regularly, until the peppers have begun to soften, about 3 minutes more.
Return the sausage to the pan, and then add the diced tomatoes (with juices), Italian seasoning, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Stir to combine and continue to cook until the veggies are tender and the tomatoes have thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.