Grilled Kielbasa Dinner Packets
- 12 oz Coleman Natural® Polish Kielbasa Pork Sausage, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 large red or Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces (no bigger)
- 1 large bell pepper (or 2 small), color of choice, sliced or chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 12x18 inches each)
Preheat the grill to medium heat or the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the kielbasa, potatoes, bell pepper and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to evenly coat. Place an equal portion on each of the 4 pieces of foil.
Bring the short sides of the foil together, and fold them at the top. Then fold over the open sides, crimping to seal. Avoid folding the packets too tightly; you want a little air space at the top of each packet. You do, however, want the edges to be sealed tightly.
Grill, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes, flipping the packets once halfway through, or until the potatoes are tender.
Carefully open the packets so the steam doesn’t burn you. When baking in the oven, you may wish to broil the opened packets for 1 to 2 minutes, watching closely, to lightly brown on top.
These portion-controlled packages make cleanup a breeze and can be eaten straight from the packet or transferred to a plate and served with your favorite pasta or grain of choice. Or stuff the flavorful contents into a roll and top with cheese for one delicious hoagie!