Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Chives
- 1 package Coleman Natural bacon, cooked until crisp, drained, and crumbled
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 garlic cloves (whole)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cream (or milk or chicken stock)
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (or green onions), minced
Place the potatoes and garlic in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
When cooked, press the potatoes and garlic through a potato ricer into a medium bowl.
Add the butter, cream, salt, pepper, most of the chives, and most of the crumbled bacon, reserving a bit of bacon and chives for garnish. Gently stir everything together until combined, taking care not to overwork the potatoes.
Spoon potatoes into a casserole dish and top with reserved chives and bacon; serve hot.