Easy Sausage Stuffing
- 1 lb. Coleman Natural Foods Original Ground Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 16 oz loaf of white bread, hand-torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 1 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- Dash of white pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (you may need more if necessary)
• Cook the sausage thoroughly before adding it to the stuffing mixture.
• Sauté the vegetables until tender to enhance their flavors.
• Gradually pour the chicken stock over the bread mixture while stirring for even moisture distribution.
• Adjust seasonings to taste, starting with the recommended amounts.
• Allow the stuffing mixture to sit for a while before baking to let the flavors meld.
• Grease the casserole dish to prevent sticking.
• Bake until the top becomes slightly crunchy, but adjust baking time for desired texture.
• Let the stuffing cool for a few minutes before serving for easier handling.
• Customize the recipe by adding your favorite ingredients, such as dried fruits or nuts.
1 Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2 Place the torn bread in a large bowl and set it aside. You can do this step ahead of time if desired.
3 In a skillet or frying pan, cook the Coleman Natural Foods Original Ground Pork Sausage Roll until it’s fully done. Remove the sausage from the pan and add it to the bowl with the bread. Leave the sausage drippings in the pan.
4 In the same pan with the drippings, add the butter, diced onion, minced garlic, diced celery, poultry seasoning, white pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook the mixture until the vegetables become tender.
5 Add the cooked vegetables and any leftover butter from the pan to the bowl with the bread and sausage.
6 Gradually pour the chicken stock over the bread mixture while stirring. Continue adding the stock until the stuffing mixture is moist and well-seasoned. If needed, you can add a little more stock to ensure there are no dry spots.
7 Once everything is thoroughly mixed, transfer the stuffing mixture to a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
8 Bake the stuffing in the preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 25-30 minutes, or until the top becomes slightly crunchy.
9 Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
10 Serve the sausage stuffing as a delicious side dish alongside your main course. Enjoy!