Deconstructed Chicago Dog Salad
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad
- 1 package Coleman Natural beef hot dogs, cut into 1-inch coins or sliced on the bias
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 kosher dill pickles, chopped
- 8-10 pickled sport peppers
In a small bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar and oil, whisking until combined. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook hot dog slices, turning with a fork or tongs, until slightly browned on both sides.
In a salad bowl large enough to hold all of the ingredients, add the onion, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles and toss. Add dressing a little at a time, being careful not to over dress the salad. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
Place salad into four individual serving bowls, top with browned hot dog slices and serve.
This recipe is gluten-free and keto diet friendly!