Deconstructed Chicago Dog Salad
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Coleman Natural beef hot dogs, cut into 1-inch coins or sliced on the bias
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 kosher dill pickles, chopped
- 8-10 pickled sport peppers
1 In a small bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar and oil, whisking until combined. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook hot dog slices, turning with a fork or tongs, until slightly browned on both sides.
3 In a salad bowl large enough to hold all of the ingredients, add the onion, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles and toss. Add dressing a little at a time, being careful not to over dress the salad. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
4 Place salad into four individual serving bowls, top with browned hot dog slices and serve.
This recipe is gluten-free and keto diet friendly!