Bacon & Roasted Corn Salad
- 1 pack of Coleman Natural Bacon
- 4 cups of sweet corn kernels, frozen or removed from fresh cobb
- 1 large red onion, diced small
- 2 red bell peppers, diced small
- ½ cup of your favorite balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Lay the bacon out in a single layer on a baking sheet tray, and bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes depending on desired crispness. Remove the bacon from the tray and transfer onto a plate lined with paper towels. Save the rendered fat from the sheet tray.
Increase the temperature of the oven to 425°F.
Place the corn, bacon fat, and the minced garlic in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to evenly combine ingredients.
Transfer this mixture back to the baking sheet tray, and place into the preheated oven. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the corn becomes lightly charred.
In another large mixing bowl, add the corn mixture with the red onion, bell peppers, oregano, and vinaigrette. Crumble the cooked bacon into the mixture, and mix to incorporate.
Transfer the bacon salad to a serving dish, and top with crumbled feta.