Coleman Applewood Bacon & Roasted Corn Salad
- 1 pack of Coleman Applewood Bacon
- 4 Cups of Sweet Corn Kernels, frozen or removed from fresh cobb
- 1 Large Red Onion, diced small
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, diced Small
- ½ Cup of your favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lay the bacon out in a single layer on a baking sheet tray, and bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes depending on desired crispness. Remove the bacon from the tray and transfer onto a plate lined with paper towels. Save the rendered fat from the sheet tray.
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 425°
- Place the corn, bacon fat, and the minced garlic in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to evenly combine ingredients.
- Transfer this mixture back to the baking sheet tray, and place into the preheated oven. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the corn becomes lightly charred.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the corn mixture with the red onion, bell peppers, oregano, and vinaigrette. Crumble the cooked bacon into the mixture, and mix to incorporate.
- Transfer the bacon salad to a serving dish, and top with crumbled feta.