Cheddar Apple Meatballs
- 1 pound Coleman Natural ground pork
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small apple, grated
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspooon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 375º F.
2 Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
3 In a large mixing bowl, add the pork, cheese, breadcrumbs, apple, onion, parsley, egg. Season with garlic powder and pepper and mix thoroughly with your hands.
4 Shape into 12 large meatballs and arrange on the baking sheet.
5 Bake the meatballs until tops are golden about 7 minutes, then turn them over and cook for another 7–8 minutes, or until cooked through and golden on all sides.
6 Serve immediately over your favorite pasta, rice or salad.
Double the recipe and after the meatballs cool, freeze half in an air tight container for up to one month.