Asian Inspired Pork, Vegetable and Rice Bowl
- 4 Coleman Natural Pork Chops
- 6 tablespoons hot chili paste
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1, 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, white part only
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
1 Combine chili paste, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil in small bowl.
2 Place half the mixture in a resealable plastic bag, reserving other half of mixture in bowl.
3 Add pork chops to resealable plastic bag and marinate 1 - 2 hours, or overnight in refrigerator.
4 When ready to cook, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in cast iron or other heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat and cook pork until golden brown on both sides and a meat thermometer reads at least 145 degrees F at the center of each chop.
5 Remove pork from pan and set aside.
6 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and peas and cook until tender and slightly starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Add kale until wilted.
7 Reduce heat to low and add reserved sauce to pan and toss with vegetables for one minute.
8 To serve, divide rice among bowls and arrange pork and vegetables on top.
9 Top each bowl with scallion.
10 Serve immediately.