25 Ways to Use Leftover Ham
- Coleman Natural Ham
Use one (or all!) of these 25 ideas to extend the feasting for your family!
1. Add ham to chicken broth along with carrots, celery, and onions and simmer for 15 minutes for a quick and hearty soup. Try our Ribollita Soup recipe.
2. Combine ham with peppers, onions, and cheese to make a Denver omelet.
3. Shred ham and sauté with onions and potatoes to make a breakfast hash and serve with a fried egg on top.
4. Substitute ham for pancetta in your favorite Spaghetti Carbonara recipe.
5. Make a classic ham and cheese quiche with your favorite vegetable mix-ins.
6. Add chunks of ham to any recipe for scalloped potatoes.
7. Make hand-held appetizers for your next gathering with diced ham, wonton wrappers and veggies.
8. Add cubed ham to soups like Corn Chowder or Navy Bean Soup. Try our Corn and Bacon Chowder recipe.
9. Use ham instead of chicken in recipes like Chicken Divan or Chicken á la King .
10. Add ham to basic macaroni and cheese along with some peas, top with grated cheese, and bake until bubbly.
11. Combine ham with broccoli and mix with a cheese sauce for a quick lunch or dinner.
12. Make a breakfast strata with ham, eggs, cheese, and leftover scraps of bread. It can be made the night before and baked for a brunch the next day.
13. Layer sliced ham with Gruyere cheese and boneless chicken breasts to make Chicken Cordon Bleu.
14. Substitute ham for the chicken in your favorite Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
15. Dice ham, add pickles, ground mustard and mayonnaise for a classic ham salad.
16. Top homemade pizza with chunks of ham and pineapple.
17. Make a twist on chicken & waffles with this "Fried" Ham and Savory Waffles recipe.
18. Top baked potatoes with shredded ham, cheddar cheese, and green onions. Bake until the cheese is melted, then serve with a dollop of sour cream.
19. Add shredded ham and chives to wild rice for an interesting side dish.
20. Combine ham with sautéed mushrooms and a béchamel sauce in crepes.
21. Add cubed ham and cheese to mixed greens for a hearty chef’s salad.
22. Combine minced ham in the filling for Deviled Eggs.
23. Warm slices and serve with with blistered peppers and pilaf or your favorite grain.
24. Add cubed ham to your favorite pasta salad recipe. Try our Orzo Salad with Ham recipe.
25. Add ham to grilled cheese sandwiches.