25 Ways to Use Leftover Ham
Use one (or all!) of these 25 ideas to extend the feasting for your family!
1. Add ham to chicken broth along with carrots, celery, and onions and simmer for 15 minutes for a quick and hearty soup.
2. Combine ham with peppers, onions, and cheese to make a Denver omelet.
3. Shred ham and sauté with onions and potatoes to make a breakfast hash and serve with a fried egg on top.
4. Substitute ham for pancetta in your favorite Spaghetti Carbonara recipe.
5. Dice leftover ham and simmer with baked beans for a picnic side dish.
6. Add chunks of ham to any recipe for scalloped potatoes.
7. Use chopped ham in your favorite stuffing recipe.
8. Add cubed ham to soups like Corn Chowder or Navy Bean Soup.
9. Use ham instead of chicken in recipes like Chicken Divan or Chicken á la King .
10. Add ham to basic macaroni and cheese along with some peas, top with grated cheese, and bake until bubbly.
11. Combine ham with broccoli and mix with a cheese sauce.
12. Make a breakfast strata with ham, eggs, cheese, and leftover scraps of bread – can be made the night before and baked for a brunch the next day.
13. Layer sliced ham with Gruyere cheese and boneless chicken breasts to make Chicken Cordon Bleu.
14. Substitute ham for the chicken in your favorite Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
15. Add shredded ham to a cornbread or savory muffin recipe.
16. Top homemade pizza with chunks of ham and pineapple.
17. Add cubed ham to Fettuccine Alfredo.
18. Top baked potatoes with shredded ham, cheddar cheese, and green onions. Bake until the cheese is melted, then serve with a dollop of sour cream.
19. Add shredded ham and chives to wild rice for an interesting side dish.
20. Combine ham with sautéed mushrooms and a béchamel sauce in crepes.
21. Add cubed ham and cheese to mixed greens for a hearty chef’s salad.
22. Combine minced ham in the filling for Deviled Eggs.
23. Serve chopped ham in cream gravy over biscuits for a southern breakfast.
24. Add cubed ham to your favorite pasta salad recipe.
25. Add ham to grilled cheese sandwiches.