1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rub tenderloin with olive oil and sprinkle on all sides with salt and pepper, set aside.
3. Over high heat, place an oven-proof skillet (preferably cast iron), until very hot.
4. Add tenderloin to hot skillet, turning to brown on all sides. Remove skillet from heat.
5. Add garlic cloves, water and sage to skillet
6. Place skillet into pre-heated oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until instant-read thermometer reaches 160 degrees.
7. Remove tenderloin from skillet and set on warm serving platter.
8. Place skillet back on stove top with burner turned to high heat.
9. Deglaze skillet with 1 cup of white wine and cook until wine and any juices are reduced by half.
10. Pour juices and garlic over tenderloin.
11. Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes.